Connect with us


How To Talk To A Live Person At The IRS

Posted by & filed under Taxes.

When questions about tax returns come up, many people turn to IRS customer support. However, how to talk to a live person at the IRS, is usually easier said than done!   Callers to the IRS customer support phone line are met with a litany of options that are difficult to navigate. When all you… Read more »

5 Steps to Estimate Quarterly Income Tax for 1099 Contractors

Posted by & filed under Self Employed & 1099 Contractors.

Being a self-employed 1099 contractor or freelancer has its perks. You can work flexible hours and enjoy deductions unavailable to those who get a W-2 instead of 1099s. But with its advantages come responsibilities. Among these are paying quarterly estimated taxes. People in business for themselves usually need to make estimated tax payments, and this… Read more »

Best Online Tax Services

Posted by & filed under Taxes.

If you struggled to get your taxes submitted before July 15, which was the prolonged deadline for this year, or October 15, which was the extension deadline, you probably looked into online tax services at some point. As one of the fastest-growing virtual industries, tax preparation services that are done via the internet have slowly… Read more »

The Best Free Income Tax Estimators For The Self-Employed

Posted by & filed under Self Employed & 1099 Contractors.

We all know that paying taxes is part of being a functional member of society, but let’s be honest: taxes can be incredibly complicated. Tax laws also consistently change, and many organizations in various industries and sectors are always figuring out how to take advantage of new credits, deductions, and loopholes. How about self-employed individuals… Read more »

How Much Does It Cost To Hire A CPA?

Posted by & filed under Taxes.

Nobody like paying taxes, and if you run a business, you sure don’t want to pay more taxes than necessary. But it can seem like a balancing act trying to decide who should do your taxes. A mistake could mean giving the IRS thousands of dollars you could have put back into your business. It… Read more »

Can I Deduct My Phone Bill as a Business Expense?

Posted by & filed under Can I Deduct?, Self Employed & 1099 Contractors, Taxes.

If you are anything like the vast majority of Americans who rely on their phones for professional communication, news updates, or social interactions, you probably utilized your device for business-related purposes at some point. As with other tools that you use during the regular course of your venture, this would mean that you should be… Read more »